4K Native Resolutions for Lifelike Pictures
- With more than four times the resolution of Full HD, native 4K offers 8.8 million pixels (4096 x 2160) for a picture that’s so incredibly lifelike, it’s like looking at the real thing. This is the same resolution defined by Digital Cinema Initiatives for cinema distribution, with pixels one quarter the size of those used by traditional Full HD 1080p projectors. See corner-to-corner clarity and watch movies from much closer than you would in Full HD.
Stay Sharp with 200,000:1 Dynamic Contrast
- Dynamic contrast of 200,000:1 makes every scene spring to life with fine detail and realism. At this level of contrast, the brightest whites are two hundred thousand times brighter than the deepest blacks, so you can see excellent detail across the screen.
High 1700 Lumens Brightness
- Savor the action with the brightness you need to fill the screen with high contrast. A 265W lamp generates the brightness required for vibrant images on screens up to 200 inches (508 cm) diagonally.
Plays Mastered In 4K Discs
- The Mastered in 4K collection includes classic films, remastered with enhanced color and detail for Blu-ray Disc. Play these discs on the VPL-VW600ES with a pixel resolution and color range that’s almost identical to the 4K original. The movie is down sampled from the original 4K source at a high bitrate to 2K, and then upscale using the same algorithm to 4K.
Reality Creation Upscale Your Favorites
- Upscale your existing Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD movies to near 4K quality. The super-resolution Reality Creation 4K upscale analyzes every pixel in any direction, then employs a digital signal processing algorithm to map pixels against an ever-evolving picture patterning database, compiled from over 10 years of expertise, to enhance colors, contrast, and textures.
Motorized Zoom Lens and Wide Lens Shift
- Installing the VPL-VW600ES in your room is easy with a 2.06 motorized zoom with a wide lens shift range. Adjust the position of the projector up to 85% vertically and 31% horizontally to get just the right angle for your movies.
Colors Come Alive with TRILUMINOS®®
- Discover true-to-life colors and tones. The VPL-VW600ES incorporates TRILUMINOS®® color for a broader spectrum, reproducing more tones and textures than a standard projector system. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues, and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with skin tones more faithfully reproduced.
See Deeper Blacks with 4K SXRD™ Panels
- Advanced SXRD™ (Silicon X-tal Reflective Display) panels with an ultrafast response rate of 2.5 milliseconds minimize the space between pixels in every frame. Consisting of a thin LCD layer backed with a highly reflective silicon plate, SXRD splits the white light of the lamp into different colors using mirrors and sends them to a red, green, and blue panel in 4K resolution. Light passes in and out of each panel, allowing more effective light blocking for exceptionally deep blacks.
Contrast To Match the Scene with Advanced Iris 3
- Advanced Iris 3 technology dynamically responds to light levels and selects the optimum contrast to match the scene, bringing out the detail in dark shadow and preventing bright scenes from becoming washed out. By identifying the ratio of white and black in an image and adjusting the amount of light from the lamp, this unique Sony technology reproduces deeper blacks and extends dynamic range.
Connects To Automated Home Systems
- The VPL-VW600ES is compatible with a range of popular automated home systems. Connect using the RS232 interface, RJ45 control, or IR-IN terminal.
Synchronized 3D Entertainment
- A built-in 3D transmitter synchronizes the supplied glasses with the projector, so you can start watching 3D movies quicker. Upscale 2D films to 3D and enjoys classic movies in a whole new dimension, or watch anamorphic images and 3D films simultaneously without changing the lens. High-emission power gives you a strong signal anywhere in the room.
- Neat and compact, this is a projector that’s ready for rooms of any size. Bring immersive 4K entertainment to places where projection may not previously have been possible. With a smaller optical engine, it’s 7.09 in shorter than the VPL-1100ES, giving you the freedom to install it in tight spots. No need to worry about air circulation. The front-facing fan allows you to position it right up against a wall to maximize projection distance.
Supports a Variety of Widescreen Formats
- The film friendly VPL-VW600ES gives a cinema-like sense of reality, whatever you’re watching. See movies in CinemaScope (2.35:1) without an external anamorphic lens when using a CinemaScope screen. Enjoy widescreen formats with minimal or no black bars.
Select From Nine Picture Calibration Modes
- Quickly calibrate the picture to what you’re watching or playing. Select from nine picture calibration modes, including two cinema film modes, cinema digital, reference, TV, photo, game, bright cinema, and bright TV.
Picture Position Memory Stores Your Settings
- Store lens, zoom, and shift settings for up to five screen formats for easy recall. Picture Position Memory remembers key settings so you can quickly watch movies in the ideal format. Match aspect ratios, including 1.78:1 and 2.35:1, and store the settings in the projector.
Action Stays Smooth with Motionflow™ XR
- Whatever you’re watching, you’ll enjoy a silky smooth on-screen look in fast-moving action sequences with Motionflow™ XR. This innovative technology creates and inserts extra frames between the original frames, first comparing key visual factors on successive frames, then calculating the split second of missing action in the sequences. This mimics actual movie projection, so you experience smoother movement, less blur, and a greater sense of realism.
- Lamp in this product contains mercury. Disposal of these materials may be regulated due to environmental considerations. For disposal or recycling information, please contact your local authorities or association.
Precise Panel Alignment
- Find the exact alignment of red and blue elements within a pixel. Electronic panel alignment automatically positions elements, but you can also adjust alignment by 0.1 pixels for optimum clarity.